twitter
    Find out what we are up to? Follow Us on Twitter

My Space Gangsters Learn Real Life Lessons


During this day and age conversations don’t only take place over the phone.

The way we communicate with one another has been altered with time and technology.

In my generation, we do a lot of talking with texting and computer programs such as AIM and MySpace.

But with all this positive comes negative.

As the crime rate increases with our youth, kids are starting to use these texting programs as a form of sending threatening messages or harassing people. This harassment of people causes problems to be sparked often ending in altercations. Sometimes these altercations even end in someone’s tragic death.

It’s Funny just the other day I was in my friend’s house and I happened to see that he was on AIM. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was talking shit to some kid from another block. He was saying things like, “when I see you I’m gonna your ass” and disrespecting the kids block by saying that ours was tougher.

A couple of days later I seen some of my friends running down the block. I asked what happened and they told me some kids from another block had been chasing them with sticks and had caught up with one of their friends.

The friend they caught up with was now a victim of My Space gangster’s talking trash back and forth. The lesson he had to learn the hard way was a beat down at the hands of the block they called soft.

I guess they weren’t as soft as my friends thought they were.

I couldn’t help but to ask my friend one simple question, “What happened to all that tough talk you was doing the other day on AIM?”

He shot me a look of confusion as if he had no idea his threats on AIM would cause him to have real beef in the streets.

That night I thought to myself… its funny how people feel more tuff over the Internet than when the person is face to face. When they’re face to face in my experience someone always seems to stiffen up.

To think only if people just used the texting for what it was intended for, we could prevent a lot of unnecessary altercations.

Maybe we could even prevent somebody from loosing their life.

- Written by Jesus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo dat Blog was wave MY G i Shmell

Anonymous said...

Arent you a myspace ganster your self lmno jk... i see you going hard keep going you have a go head on your shoulders... just keep your mouth shut and your fingers moving...

Post a Comment